GOLDEN STATE LIFEGUARDS IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 SEASON.
To be considered for the 2019 season, all candidates must submit an application accompanied with all copies of certifications. Candidates will be notified of testing dates and interviews to be held in the Los Angeles region.
- Golden State Lifeguards is accepting applications from July 15th to August 31st, 2018 5:00pm PST.
- Testing for pool lifeguards will be conducted in the month of September
- Testing dates for ocean lifeguards will conducted in the month of September @ The Beach Club, Santa Monica, CA
*All candidates must have a valid email to receive notifications and check inbox/spam folder for any notifications from human resources officers.
Golden State Lifeguards is known for the high caliber of talent it attracts throughout the Southern California region. Anyone that contracts Golden State Lifeguards knows that they are getting exactly what they pay for which is why we go to great lengths to ensure the lifeguards hired are the best.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Golden State Lifeguards staff, please email a cover letter accompanied with a resume/application to email@example.com.
Before applying, please be sure to read the following requirements:
- Must be Southern California resident (Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, Orange County, San Fernando Valley, West Los Angeles)
- Must have 1 to 2 years of verifiable lifeguard experience.
- Must be currently certified lifeguard with American Red Cross or Starguard (pool lifeguards)
- Must have USLA training. (ocean lifeguards)
- Must have current and valid American Heart Association CPR/AED certification (Title 22).
- Must have no less than 21 hours of advanced first aid training (Title 22).
- EMT certification is desired but not necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have valid driver license.
- Must have valid auto insurance.
- Must be physically fit and have ability to pass skills testing
– Pool lifeguards must demonstrate ability to perform 500 meter swim
– Ocean lifeguards must demonstrate ability to perform 1000 meter open water swim
- Must be able to pass background check.
Golden State Lifeguards provides pool and ocean lifeguards from Orange County to Santa Barbara County with plans to expand to other jurisdictions.