GOLDEN STATE LIFEGUARDS IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 SEASON.
Golden State Lifeguards is currently recruiting pool and ocean lifeguard candidates for 2019 season in all areas of Southern California (SEE LIST BELOW). Application deadline is December 31st, 5:00pm. All candidates must get their resumes, applications and all pertinent documents in before deadline to qualify for testing and interviews. *PLEASE APPLY FOR THE MOST RELEVANT POSITION YOU FEEL YOU QUALIFY FOR.
– Pool Lifeguard (Basic)
– Lifeguard Specialist (EMR, EMT, Paramedic)
– Lifeguard Captain
– Lifeguard FTO
We are seeking professional and mature candidates who understand that the job of lifeguard is not about getting that perfect tan or trying to getting the hottest guy/girl. In fact we seek candidates who have a passion to ensure the safety and well-being of all swimmers under their watch. The job of lifeguard is as serious as it gets! Do you have what it takes to be a part of the team?
All candidates must have the following:
– Must be 18 years of age of older however over 21 years of age is preferred
– Must have current and valid California driver license
– Must have reliable transportation
– Must have current and valid auto insurance
– Must have the ability to pass a background check to include criminal background check
– Must have the ability to pass all testing to include swim tests
– Must be physically fit and able to perform the job of lifeguard
– Must be able to work with children of all ages
– Must be available all weekends and holidays (Spring Break, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day)
The following is desired but not necessary:
– American Red Cross lifeguard or Starguard Elite lifeguard certification
– USLA ocean lifeguard certification
– EMR certification
– NREMT certification
** All candidates without EMR, EMT & Paramedic certs will be required to attend 80 hour EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) course to comply with new California Title 22 law that requires lifeguards to have no less than 21 hours of advanced first aid training
** All candidates who are not current certified pool or ocean lifeguards will be required to obtain training/certifications through pool lifeguard or ocean lifeguard academy.
PRIVATE SWIM INSTRUCTORS
Golden State Lifeguards is currently recruiting for private swim instructors for new division launching in January 2019. We seek to be a major contributor to drowning prevention by offering personalized private swim lessons at homes throughout the Southern California region.
We are hoping to develop a staff who believes in our mission and will take a proactive role in promoting swim lessons and our other services. We are only as successful as the overall team!
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver license & auto insurance
- Enjoys working with kids
- Passion for drowning prevention
- Experience teaching swim lessons to individuals (kids), groups and “mommy & me” swim classes
*All interested candidates must be willing to undergo extensive background check since you will be working with kids.
All candidates must have:
- CPR & AED Certification (Adult, child & infant)
- WSI Certification
We are seeking candidates in the following regions:
– Los Angeles County
– Ventura County
– Santa Barbara County
– Las Vegas region (Silver State Lifeguards)
Please submit interest and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please!!