Golden State Lifeguards offers a once a month EMT skills verification day that is designed to assist lifeguards who are recertifying for their Los Angeles County EMT certification. The session covers all required skills verification for recertification as an EMT in Los Angeles County.
The EMT skills verification runs once a month, starts at 8:30am and concludes at 5:30pm. Classes are usually conducted on a Sunday in our Chatsworth training facility.
Cost: $75.00, Class size limited to 6
Verification is ONLY offered to Los Angeles County Lifeguards, LA City Lifeguards and other EMT certified lifeguards.
We cover the following skills:
- Patient Examination, Trauma
- Patient Examination, Medical
- Airway Emergencies, Airway Obstruction, Adult or Infant
- Breathing Emergencies, Bag Valve Mask Ventilation
- Cardiac Arrest, AED
- Bleeding Control, Shock Management
- Spinal Motion Restriction (SMR)
- Soft Tissue Injury, Abdominal Evisceration
- Musculoskeletal Injury, Rigid and Conforming Splint
- Emergency Childbirth