Golden State Lifeguards offers a once a month EMT skills refresher workshop that is designed to assist lifeguards who are recertifying for their Los Angeles County EMT certification. The workshop covers all required skills and covers the latest changes in scope of practice for EMT’s in Los Angeles County.
The class runs once a month, starts at 8:30am and concludes at 12:30pm. Classes are usually conducted on a Sunday in our Chatsworth training facility.
Cost: $25.00, Class size limited to 12
We cover the following skills:
- Patient Examination, Trauma
- Patient Examination, Medical
- Airway Emergencies, Airway Obstruction, Adult or Infant
- Breathing Emergencies, Bag Valve Mask Ventilation
- Cardiac Arrest, AED
- Bleeding Control, Shock Management
- Spinal Motion Restriction (SMR)
- Soft Tissue Injury, Abdominal Evisceration
- Musculoskeletal Injury, Rigid and Conforming Splint
- Emergency Childbirth